Monday, December 19, 2005

Cajuns, Turkey and Shitrocks continued

Ryan and I were very fortunate to experience some real creole cajun food just last week. Our friend Todd invited us over, and he cooked an amazing meal for us (and about 15 other guests). I don't think I had ever eaten "real" cajun cooking like that, and man I am hooked. Todd is from Louisiana and is here working as a consultant. He was just recently home, and brought back with him all the necessary food and spices to cook some real hometown, cajun food. We had a really great time and were able to meet more people our own age! Believe it or not this is a challenge in Lagos. Here are a few photos of the evening.







Now was requested (I will leave you anonymous!) Photos of shit rock. Shit Rock is well if you haven't figured a shit rock. Ryan's work window looks out onto the lagoon, and well the place where many men like to do there business. You can see the rock if you look just above the billboard. The photo quality isn't all that great because it was taken with Ryan's phone.




While playing cards at a neighbors one day I discovered do doo rock numero 2 (pardon the pun). The women I play cards with were out with binoculars looking at the construction workers (who sometimes work-out naked), when I discovered shit rock #2, this place is where well, they like to take care of business. If you can see on the side of the photo, the building being constructed it quite the deal. one is more fancy than the one outside Ryan's work, they have gone to the extent of building a platform. The building next door is built completely out of concrete. They use wooden tressles instead of scaffolding.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you clowns going to update your blog? DQ