
The crash happened while we were on route to TO, so they diverted my flight to Ottawa... but the airport was over full with other flights - so we sat on the tarmac for 5 hours... Finally they decided to send us to Toronto! Where we sat for another hour before finally being allowed to get off the plane. All told it took over 11hrs (supposed to take 3hrs 44min). So, then I hustled my way on to a Frankfurt plane that was supposed to leave at 1am... only to have that flight delayed until 9am Wed morning! I guess that with all the diversions and such - they didn't have enough pilots to fly the planes - oops. So it is 3am now and I am sitting in the business lounge - I finally got my flight re-booked so that I am okay all the way into Lagos - albeit 1 day late. I guess there are no hotels left anywhere around the airport - so I'll be pulling an all nighter! I feel bad for the old people - there is this little old lady here in her wheelchair... at least her family is here with her.
I am tired and this is starting to get old - I still have 2 more fights to go and if they are anything like this one - I'm coming home.
RQ
1 comment:
Suck it up Buttercup.
Hope that you made it there safely.
Post a Comment